The Sponsoring Society
Bijapur Liberal District Educational Association
The BLDE Association (Bijapur Liberal District Educational Association) is involved in providing education, from primary to professional education. This great and mighty Association is celebrating its centenary year. The centenary celebration renews its committed goal towards enhancing quality education, by adding new institutions and new education programmes in its existing institutions.
The BLDE Association is propagating education in Bijapur and Bagalkot districts, which are recognized as socially, economically and educationally backward areas by then British Government, by present UGC and even the State Government and Central Governments. Dr. P. G. Halakatti with other philanthropists of Bijapur founded a Co-operative Bank and the BLDE association with a primary objective of propagating education. Thus, the Bijapur Lingayat Development Education Association (BLDEA) took birth on 23-10-1910.The BLDEA Association made a humble beginning by accepting to run a High School handed over by a German missionary, who was returning to Germany because of World War-I.Thus, the Association’s journey of imparting education started.
In the year 1942, a religious leader and a visionary Shri Shri Sanganabasaveshwar Maha Shivayogigalu of Banthanal, laid a firm foundation to the BLDE Association by way of establishing various educational institutions. He played a major role in developing the BLDE Association and established many institutions to impart primary, higher secondary and higher education.
In the 60s, another great visionary, Shri B.M. Patil envisioned the educational requirements of the people of the region. With his great vision and perseverance, he gave a new dimension to the functioning of the institutions of BLDE Association, by establishing institutions to impart professional education. As a result the BLDE Association established an Engineering College, Pharmacy College, Nursing College and a Medical College, along with a 1000 bed teaching hospital, a first of its kind in the country.
A new era began when Mr. M. B. Patil, an young and dynamic leader took over the reins of the BLDE Association. His primary objective was providing quality education. With recent developments like liberalization, globalization and tremendous expansion of knowledge in various new courses, he conceived the need for a separate University. His dream came true with the establishment of the BLDE University on 29-02-2008.
The BLDE Association sponsors and runs 75 Institutions in both rural and urban areas of Bijapur and Bagalkot Districts. It covers Primary schools, High Schools, Pre-University Colleges, Degree colleges in various subjects including Arts, Science, Commerce, Law, Management, Education, Science, Fine Arts, Pharmacy, Nursing, Nursery, Sericulture, Engineering & Polytechnics, Medical Sciences with Post graduate courses. The BLDE Association also sponsors the BLDE University.
- 1910 Established by Vachana Pitamaha Dr. P.G. Halakatti.
- 1942 Foundation towards higher education by His Holiness Shri Shivayogi Banthanala Sanganabasaweshwara Swamiji.
- 1974 Foundation towards professional education by great visionary Shri B. M. Patil.
- 1990 Foundation towards modernization and globalization by Shri M. B. Patil.
- 2008 Beginning of new era – BLDE University.
- 2010 Shri B. M. Patil (CBSE) Public School.
- Take over of Ayurveda College from AVS Samithi in 2011.
All these institutions are spread across various villages, taluk headquarters and district headquarters in Vijayapura and Bagalkot districts and are providing quality education in basic and postgraduate degrees and vocational courses.
- Assets worth – Rs. 12,359 Lakhs
- Annual Budget – Rs. 4,630 Lakhs
- Work Force – 2,000
- Student Enrolment – 20,000